Last updated: June 2017
Collecting your Personal Information
Peel collects information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonable or obtrusive way. Peel collects Personal Information such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and credit or debit card information (including credit card expiration date and CVV code) when you create an account, purchase products or services from our websites or request information. By submitting Personal Information to Peel, you agree that we may use or disclose such Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and as permitted or required by law. Peel does not sell, trade or exchange your Personal Information.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Peel may use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to better understand your product and service needs;
- to identify and maintain your online account;
- to offer, fulfill and deliver our products and services;
- to communicate with you, including responding to your requests for information;
- to deliver targeted marketing by tracking and analyzing your purchases and other transactions;
- to protect the security and integrity and our websites and businesses;
- to satisfy applicable legal and regulatory requirements;
- if you make a purchase online, to detect and prevent fraud; and
- to achieve any other purposes as may from time to time be permitted by law.
We may disclose Personal Information about you to service providers that help with our business operations, such as website hosts and management companies, shipping vendors, billing vendors and payment card processors, and marketing services providers. We may also disclose your Personal Information in situations where it is necessary to protect the safety, property and other rights of Peel, where required or permitted by applicable laws. We may transfer Personal Information in connection with a prospective purchase or merger or sale involving Peel.
Your Personal Information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected as set out above, except for circumstances where collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted or where we are obliged to disclose such information without consent. These circumstances could include situations where:
- the information is publicly available;
- it is impossible or impractical to seek consent;
- we are required by law or by order of a court or tribunal;
- we believe, upon reasonable grounds, that there is an imminent risk of death or serious bodily harm to an identifiable person or group; and
- it is necessary to collect outstanding fees owing to Peel by the individual whose Personal Information is to be disclosed.
Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
Subject to legal, regulatory and contractual requirements, you may refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, or you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information at any time by delivering written notice to us at the address listed below under “Requests for Access and Complaints”.
We will act on your instructions as quickly as possible, but there may be certain uses of your Personal Information that we may not be able to stop immediately. If you decide to withdraw or refuse your consent, we will no longer be able to communicate with you regarding price discounts, contests and other promotions.
Access to, and Accuracy of, Personal Information
You have the right to request access to your Personal Information we have on record. Requests for access to your Personal Information may be sent to the address listed below under “Requests for Access and Complaints”. Upon Peel’s receipt of a written request from you for access to your Personal Information, and subject to any applicable exemptions, Peel will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information and the opportunity to correct any inaccurate Personal Information that is in its possession. Detailed requests which require archive or retrieval costs may be subject to costs and expenses incurred by Peel in retrieving same. Access to Personal Information may be denied when:
- denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings against an individual to whom the information relates;
- granting access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy; and
- the request is frivolous or vexatious.
We rely on you to help us keep your Personal Information accurate and complete. You can access or update your Personal Information, including contact and account information, by contacting us at the postal address listed below, identifying your contact information, the information you are requesting access to, and your requested changes.
If Peel denies your request for access to, or refuses a request to correct information, we will explain why.
Safeguarding Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is one of our top priorities.
When you place orders on our websites, all of your order information, including address and credit or debit card number, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
While we do our very best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of the Personal Information transmitted. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
We are committed to providing you with understandable and readily available information on our policies and practices related to management of your Personal Information.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal Information is retained only as long as is reasonably necessary or relevant for the purposes identified above or as required by law. Once Personal Information is no longer reasonably necessary or relevant for the above-noted purposes, or as required by law, your Personal Information will be destroyed, erased or de-identified.
Requests for Access and Complaints
Peel has appointed a Chief Privacy Officer to oversee compliance with this Policy and applicable privacy laws. Upon request, the identity of the Chief Privacy Officer shall be disclosed. If you have additional questions, or to access, update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, write to us at the following address:
44 Armstrong Avenue
Canada L7G 4R9
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer